Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Season of Possibility

Hello!

I was sitting on my living room floor, the fire was gently crackling (I like to think that gas fireplaces crackle), the glow of the Christmas lights shined on the walls, and the clock on the wall stated "1am".

I was 1 hour into 2008.........nothing had really changed yet..........but I know that things will...........they always do. I know that we have absolutely no chance of predicting those things which will be different, but here is my list of ten things I would love to see happen in 2008.

______________________________________________________________

10. I would like people to start looking past the surface when dealing with others. We have grown into such a "label" world that it is hard to truly get to know someone because of the immediate desire to classify by outward appearance.

9. I want to see school systems and parents to not be so quick to medicate based on poor performance or perceived lack of attention. There tends to be a lot more going on than meets the eye.....find the key to the child's mind and all will begin to flow.

8. I want politicians to look me in the eye and speak without rhetoric. I want honesty and an individual that I can get behind.......there is to much at stake to just hand the job to the person with the most money.

7. I want to begin to see an assurance that when my daughter reaches adult hood that the opportunities afforded to me will still be available. There seems to be an increasing gap between rich and poor.......the country is polarizing itself........we sometimes forget that we are basically the same.........money or no money..........you are still human.

6. I would love to have at least one person hold the door and smile at me when I have an arm full of bags and a 1 yr old hanging off my shoulders. It isn't hard......we have to remember to look around and see who is in need of a little help.

5. I worry about teenagers today. Not because of the things that they do....but because of the pressures that the adult world puts on them. I am tired of seeing stressed out youth who have forgotten that this life is supposed to be fun......give them a break every now and then.

4. I would like to see the world take a deep breath and relax for a minute. We all need to stop being reactionary and allow for all of the pieces to fall into place. We keep throwing the puzzle on the floor before we have a chance to complete it.

3. There are people who walk this earth who are inherently bad.......we need to stop the idolizing of such individuals. There are people who walk this earth who are inherently good......we need to promote those individuals.

2. There are children dying all over this world.........we should stop this..........now.

1. The world has forgotten that God created all of this. We try so hard to position ourselves on the "right" side of the line.......that we forget that there is a very real possibility that God may have a bigger plan than we can even imagine. We need to stop the limiting of life and reach across the table of differences and shake the hand of our brother or sister. The answer is so simple and yet it is one of the hardest things to achieve.

Will 2008 be the beginning of change?

The answer begins with us.

1 comment:

Telefone VoIP said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.