Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Opposites

There once was a man who had nothing.

There once was a man who had everything.

They both had the same name, dressed in the same manner, ate the same food, drove the same car, and loved the same woman. When they looked into the mirror.....they even looked the same.

But...

One man had nothing and the other had everything.

How can this be?

How can one person have it all and yet feel as if they have nothing? How can one person look at their life and feel unsatisfied but in actuality have what everyone else wants? Who can eat to their hearts content but then look across the table and want more? How can one drive to work but then feel as if they have not achieved success?

How can one man have nothing and everything all at the same time?

I don't know....but I want to.

I can't figure it out.....but I desire to.

I am good.....but yet I fail.

I smile......and yet I cry.

When one looks out into the world......do they look out content with what is within their grasp or do they let go of what they hold in an attempt to grab on to something else?

There was a child.......he grew.......he taught........he died........he rose.......

He is within your grasp and yet when you let go...........He doesn't fall.

Chase your Life but the Truth lies within you.

Look around and realize you are here. Right where you are supposed to be.

I have....I want....

God.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

your posts are oddly like mine.....I have perfection is overrated and opposite.....your posts are good. Just a coincidence that we have the same stuff. you say you have stuff published.....books?